Tuesday, May 29, 2012

imayberry.com

I am so excited about joining imayberry.com! Everyone has been really cool and I can't wait to get to know them. The information is phenomenal. I've found out there are episodes I have missed! I'm guessing that will be my first assignment!

It's amazing the loyalty and knowledge that everyone has about The Andy Griffith Show. There really is more than the love of the show. I believe it's a longing in some ways to get back to  the simple life that was back in the day. No one locked their doors, everyone sat down to a real cooked meal and talked about how their day went. Just about everyone could walk to church on Sunday and they did rest on that day. I love the episode where Barney and Andy are sitting on the porch after Church and Barney asked Andy if he wanted to walk down and get a pop.

Maybe we can use all that we know and love about Mayberry as a lesson for how we can try to live like that today. So... yes we now have to lock our doors, but, we can drive right past the fast food places, go home and have a real cooked meal and spend the rest of the day with family and friends and when it came time for the pop we can take a walk to the fridge and pretend it came from the pop machine.

No comments:

Post a Comment